Waste oil filter & fuel filter disposal
WASTE OIL & FUEL FILTERS
It’s not just oil itself that needs careful disposal, if you have waste oil filters, they are classed as hazardous too.
By recycling oil filters at a licensed recycling facility, such as Commercial Recycling, we can safely process the metal of the filter and any leftover oil with minimum impact on the environment.See Tipping Prices
Grab Your free quote
Grab Your free quote
Oil filter disposal with Commercial Recycling
Our Canford Recycling Centre in Wimborne, Dorset is fully licensed to accept hazardous wastes, including oil, fuel, oil filters, oily rags etc.
We ask that you pre-book your fuel/oil filter disposal by calling 01202 331560 or by clicking ‘send an enquiry’ above. This is to ensure that we have your hazardous waste consignment note ready.
Our oil filter recycling charges are very reasonable, at just £1.00 per filter, for a minimum of 10 filters.
Storing oil / oil filters
If you wish to store your waste oil/filters onsite before disposal, we can provide you with a range of hazardous waste storage containers that are suitable for holding and transporting this type of waste. These include:
- Hazardous waste drum – for the waste oil – 50L or 205L capacity
- Hazardous waste box – for the oil filters – 60L capacity
To learn more about our hazardous waste storage solutions, please call 01202 331560.
Fuel / oil filter collections
If you are unable to bring your fuel filters to us, or simply would prefer a collection, this can be arranged. Call us on 01202 331560 to arrange this.
For larger amounts of waste, we can arrange a man and van collection. This can transport up to 1 tonne of hazardous waste.
How to prepare an oil filter for disposal
- Drain your fuel / oil filter over an appropriate container for at least twelve hours to collect any leftover oil.
- Seal the oil container, and place the oil filter in another secure container (we can provide both of these for you, see above for more information).
- Store away from direct sunlight.