We are delighted to be recruiting for the full-time role of Weighbridge Operator. The successful candidate will be based at our Canford Recycling Centre, Arena Way, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 3BW.
Principle job responsibilities
To operate the commercial weighbridge to control the movement of vehicles entering and leaving site and ensure all materials are deposited accurately in accordance with company and licensing requirements. This is a customer facing role requiring good customer skills and best suited to someone with an outgoing personality.
- Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00 – 5.30pm, Alternate Saturdays 7.00 – 12.00noon. Average 52.5 hours per week
- Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour
- Reporting to: Operations Manager
- To ensue efficient daily processing of information and data onto the company’s respective software systems.
- To provide sufficient support, including information about licensing requirements to customers, regulators and colleagues.
- Regular cleaning of the weighbridge and the office.
- Checking of all loads to ensure compliance with site licence against EWC Codes.
- Possible requirement to either hold, or be working towards, a First Aid qualification.
- Ensure that the policies of the company are adhered to at all times.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Ideally, prior knowledge and experience of the recycling industry but not essential as full training can be provided.
- Experience in operating weighbridge systems.
- Knowledge of site licensing requirements/EWC Codes.
- This is a customer facing role requiring good customer skills best suited to someone with an outgoing personality.
- Enthusiastic and committed person capable of working with others. A good team player.
- Capable of operating the company’s IT systems including MS Office (word processing), MS Outlook (Emails), Excel and InfoTech BridgeMont Plus weighbridge system.
- Assertiveness and ability to stand by a decision when a load does not meet requirements.
How to apply
If you would like further information, or would like to apply, please email email@example.com.